Related occupations for task:
Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Compile data pertinent to manufacture of special products for customers.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
||Word Processors and Typists
- Gather, register, and arrange the material to be typed, following instructions.
- Electronically sort and compile text and numerical data, retrieving, updating, and merging documents as required.
- Collate pages of reports and other documents prepared.
- Work with technical material, preparing statistical reports, planning and typing statistical tables, and combining and rearranging material from different sources.
- Compile reports, charts, or graphs that describe and interpret findings of analyses.
- File data and related information and maintain and update databases.
- Organize paperwork, such as survey forms or reports, for distribution or analysis.
- Compile statistics from source materials, such as production or sales records, quality-control or test records, time sheets, or survey sheets.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Perform general office duties, such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
- Compile budget data and documents, based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting, or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Sort or classify information according to guidelines, such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order.
- Add new material to file records or create new records as necessary.
- Gather materials to be filed from departments or employees.
See more related occupations >>