Related occupations for task:
Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, or legal aid.
||Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Refer clients to community resources for services, such as job placement, debt counseling, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, or financial assistance, and provide concrete information, such as where to go and how to apply.
- Evaluate personal characteristics and home conditions of foster home or adoption applicants.
- Determine clients' eligibility for financial assistance.
||Educational, Guidance, and Career Counselors and Advisors
- Evaluate students' or individuals' abilities, interests, and personality characteristics, using tests, records, interviews, or professional sources.
- Review transcripts to ensure that students meet graduation or college entrance requirements and write letters of recommendation.
- Assess needs for assistance, such as rehabilitation, financial aid, or additional vocational training, and refer clients to the appropriate services.
||Mental Health Counselors
- Evaluate clients' physical or mental condition, based on review of client information.
- Refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Analyze information from interviews, educational and medical records, consultation with other professionals, and diagnostic evaluations to assess clients' abilities, needs, and eligibility for services.
||Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Assess the suitability of penitentiary inmates for release under parole and statutory release programs and submit recommendations to parole boards.
See all 13 related occupations >>