Related occupations for task:
Gather information from doctors, schools, social workers, juvenile counselors, law enforcement personnel, and others to make recommendations to courts for resolution of child custody or visitation disputes.
||Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
- Coordinate activities with courts, probation officers, community services, or other post-treatment agencies.
- Coordinate counseling efforts with mental health professionals or other health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or social workers.
- Interview clients, review records, and confer with other professionals to evaluate individuals' mental and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program.
- Participate in case conferences or staff meetings.
||Mental Health Counselors
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, or tests.
- Collaborate with mental health professionals and other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans.
- Meet with families, probation officers, police, or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
||Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Collaborate with counselors, physicians, or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment, drawing on social work experience and patient needs.
- Interview clients, review records, conduct assessments, or confer with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of clients or patients.
||Healthcare Social Workers
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients' medical or physical condition and to assess client needs.
- Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
||Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Consult with parents, teachers, and other school personnel to determine causes of problems, such as truancy and misbehavior, and to implement solutions.
- Collect supplementary information needed to assist client, such as employment records, medical records, or school reports.
See all 13 related occupations >>