||Industrial Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Develop production, inventory, or quality assurance programs.
- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Develop or implement engineering solutions to clean up industrial accidents or other contaminated sites.
- Develop processes or identify equipment needed for pilot or commercial nanoscale scale production.
- Engineer production processes for specific nanotechnology applications, such as electroplating, nanofabrication, or epoxy.
- Develop processes to separate components of liquids or gases or generate electrical currents, using controlled chemical processes.
||Calibration Technologists and Technicians
- Develop new calibration methods or techniques based on measurement science, analyses, or calibration requirements.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Develop process flows, work instructions, or standard operating procedures for radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Develop or implement operating methods or procedures.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Design or evaluate human work systems, using human factors engineering and ergonomic principles to optimize usability, cost, quality, safety, or performance.
- Identify design alternatives for the development of new water resources.
||Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians
- Establish and maintain inventory, records, or documentation systems.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Develop methodologies for transferring procedures or biological processes from laboratories to commercial-scale manufacturing production.
||Wind Energy Engineers
- Analyze operation of wind farms or wind farm components to determine reliability, performance, and compliance with specifications.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
||Digital Forensics Analysts
- Identify or develop reverse-engineering tools to improve system capabilities or detect vulnerabilities.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Prepare plans to intercept foreign communications transmissions.
- Develop electronic, mechanical, or computerized processes to perform tasks in dangerous situations, such as underwater exploration or extraterrestrial mining.
- Monitor production rates, and plan rework processes to improve production.
- Develop site-specific health and safety protocols, such as spill contingency plans or methods for loading or transporting waste.