- Recommend diagnostic tests based on patients' histories and physical examination findings.
- Conduct or order diagnostic tests such as chest radiographs (x-rays), microbiologic tests, or endocrinologic tests.
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
||Family and General Practitioners
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Order or interpret the results of tests such as laboratory tests and radiographs (x-rays).
- Order and interpret the results of diagnostic tests, such as prostate specific antigen (PSA) screening, to detect prostate cancer.
||Allergists and Immunologists
- Order or perform diagnostic tests such as skin pricks and intradermal, patch, or delayed hypersensitivity tests.
- Examine patients or order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determine diagnosis.
- Order laboratory tests, x-rays, and other diagnostic procedures.
- Determine or coordinate treatment plans by requesting laboratory services, reviewing genetics or counseling literature, and considering histories or diagnostic data.
- Perform, order, or interpret the results of diagnostic or clinical tests.
- Order diagnostic imaging procedures such as radiographs (x-rays), ultrasounds, mammograms, and bone densitometry tests, or refer patients to other health professionals for these procedures.
- Order and interpret diagnostic or laboratory tests.
- Order or interpret results of laboratory analyses of patients' blood or cerebrospinal fluid.
||Sports Medicine Physicians
- Order and interpret the results of laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Order, perform, or interpret the results of diagnostic tests, such as complete blood counts (CBCs), electrocardiograms (EKGs), and radiographs (x-rays).
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Order, perform, or interpret the results of diagnostic tests and screening procedures based on assessment results, differential diagnoses, and knowledge about age, gender and health status of clients.