- Use beam-restrictive devices and patient-shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff.
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Select appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles.
- Prepare patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring patient to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning patient properly.
- Position patients for treatment with accuracy, according to prescription.
- Follow principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others.
- Prepare patients for surgery, including positioning patients on the operating table and covering them with sterile surgical drapes to prevent exposure.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Prepare and position patients for testing.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Restrain animals during exams or procedures.
||Nuclear Medicine Technologists
- Position radiation fields, radiation beams, and patient to allow for most effective treatment of patient's disease, using computer.
||Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Position patients on cradle, attaching immobilization devices if needed, to ensure appropriate placement for imaging.
- Restrain violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients by verbal or physical means as required.
- Position patient on operating table to maximize patient comfort and surgical accessibility.
||Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
- Immobilize patient for placement on stretcher and ambulance transport, using backboard or other spinal immobilization device.
- Use masks, gloves, and safety glasses to protect patients and self from infectious diseases.
- Position and immobilize patient on examining table.
||Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Supply, operate, or maintain personal protective equipment.
- Assist maternal patients to find physical positions that will facilitate childbirth.