||Food Preparation Workers
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
||Cooks, Private Household
- Cool, package, label, and freeze foods for later consumption and provide instructions for reheating.
- Peel, wash, trim, and cook vegetables and meats, and bake breads and pastries.
- Plan and prepare food for parties, holiday meals, luncheons, special functions, and other social events.
||Cooks, Fast Food
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Prepare and serve beverages, such as coffee or fountain drinks.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
||Cooks, Short Order
- Perform food preparation tasks, such as making sandwiches, carving meats, making soups or salads, baking breads or desserts, and brewing coffee or tea.
||Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Prepare and serve cold drinks, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using drink-dispensing, milkshake, or frozen custard machines.
||Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Brew coffee and tea, and fill containers with requested beverages.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
||Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria
- Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or poultry.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
||First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
- Perform food preparation and serving duties, such as carving meat, preparing flambe dishes, or serving wine and liquor.