- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Monitor bank vaults to ensure cash balances are correct.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information, such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments, and the legality of the documents.
- Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
- Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
- Count, verify, and post armored car deposits.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Match order forms with invoices, and record the necessary information.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
- Compare computer printouts to manually maintained journals to determine if they match.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Verify signatures and required information on checks.
- Match statements with batches of canceled checks by account numbers.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property, on insurance applications and policies.
- Check computations of interest accrued, premiums due, and settlement surrender on loan values.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
||Data Entry Keyers
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
||Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Verify ownership and transaction information and dividend distribution instructions to ensure conformance with governmental regulations, using stock records and reports.
||Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices and prepare invoices for returned goods.
||Gambling Cage Workers
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Complete general financial activities, such as processing accounts payable, reviewing invoices, collecting cash payments, or issuing receipts.
- Review orders for completeness according to reporting procedures and forward incomplete orders for further processing.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
||Word Processors and Typists
- Compute and verify totals on report forms, requisitions, or bills, using adding machine or calculator.
||Court, Municipal, and License Clerks
- Evaluate information on applications to verify completeness and accuracy and to determine whether applicants are qualified to obtain desired licenses.