||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Match order forms with invoices, and record the necessary information.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
- Compare computer printouts to manually maintained journals to determine if they match.
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Verify signatures and required information on checks.
- Match statements with batches of canceled checks by account numbers.
||Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property on insurance applications and policies.
- Check computations of interest accrued, premiums due, and settlement surrender on loan values.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
||Data Entry Keyers
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
||Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Compare printed price tickets with entries on purchase orders to verify accuracy and notify supervisor of discrepancies.
- Verify ownership and transaction information and dividend distribution instructions to ensure conformance with governmental regulations, using stock records and reports.
||Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Compare information or figures on one record against same data on other records, or with original copy, to detect errors.
||Gaming Cage Workers
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
||Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerks
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Complete general financial activities, such as processing accounts payable, reviewing invoices, collecting cash payments, or issuing receipts.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Evaluate information on applications to verify completeness and accuracy and to determine whether applicants are qualified to obtain desired licenses.
- Review orders for completeness according to reporting procedures and forward incomplete orders for further processing.
||Stock Clerks- Stockroom, Warehouse, or Storage Yard
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
||Word Processors and Typists
- Compute and verify totals on report forms, requisitions, or bills, using adding machine or calculator.