||Precious Metal Workers
- Cut and file pieces of jewelry such as rings, brooches, bracelets, and lockets.
- Pierce and cut open designs in ornamentation, using hand drills and scroll saws.
- Form concavities in bottoms of articles to improve stability, using tracing punches and hammers.
- Peen edges of scratches or holes to repair defects, using peening hammers.
- Strike articles with small tools, or punch them with hammers, to indent them or restore embossing.
- Hammer out dents and bulges, selecting and using hammers and dollies with heads that correspond in curvature to article surfaces.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Cut, contour, and bevel metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions as specified by blueprints, layouts, work orders, and templates, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knives.
- Hammer out bulges or bends in metal workpieces.
- Dismantle metal assemblies or cut scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment, such as flame-cutting torches or plasma-arc equipment.
- Cut plies at splice points, and press ends together to form continuous bands.
- Align treads with guides, start drums to wind treads onto plies, and slice ends.
- Roll camelbacks onto casings by hand, and cut camelbacks, using knives.
- Cut, shape, and smooth gemstones, pearls, and metal pieces, using abrasives, grinding stones, and power and hand tools.
- Soften metal to be used in designs by heating it with a gas torch and shape it, using hammers and dies.
- Lay out designs on metal stock, and cut along markings to fabricate pieces used to cast metal molds.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Measure and cut products to specified dimensions, using measuring and cutting instruments.
- Bore holes or cut grates, risers, or pouring spouts in molds, using power tools.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Cut cover material to specified dimensions, fitting and gluing material to binder boards by hand or machine.
- Cut binder boards to specified dimensions, using board shears, hand cutters, or cutting machines.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Grind, cut, buff, or bend edges of workpieces to be joined to ensure snug fit, using power grinders and hand tools.
- Cut carbon electrodes to specified sizes and shapes, using cutoff saws.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Cut, trim, file, bend, or smooth parts to ensure proper fit and clearance.
- Cut cables and tubing, using master templates, measuring instruments, and cable cutters or saws.
||Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, and Finishers
- Cut lengths of tubing to specified sizes, using files or cutting wheels.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Cut timber to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Prepare workpieces for etching or engraving by cutting, sanding, cleaning, polishing, or treating them with wax, acid resist, lime, etching powder, or light-sensitive enamel.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Cut, strip, and bend wire leads at ends of coils, using pliers and wire scrapers.
- Draw and cut patterns according to specifications.
||Dental Laboratory Technicians
- Shape and solder wire and metal frames or bands for dental products, using soldering irons and hand tools.
||Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Cut, shape, and finish rough blocks of building or monumental stone, according to diagrams or patterns.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Cut, shape, and trim materials, such as textiles, food, glass, stone, and metal, using knives, scissors, and other hand tools, portable power tools, or bench-mounted tools.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Hammer, chip, and grind workpieces to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Cut grooves, bevels, or miters, saw curved or irregular designs, and sever or shape metals, according to specifications or work orders.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Cut metal or other materials, using shears or band saws.
||Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Lay out and drill, ream, tap, or cut parts for assembly.