||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straighten metal or plastic material.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Lower table-mounted cutters such as knife blades, cutting wheels, or saws to cut items to specified sizes.
- Route items to provide cutouts for parts, using portable routers, grinders, and hand tools.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Guide workpieces against saws, saw over workpieces by hand, or operate automatic feeding devices to guide cuts.
- Pull tables back against stops and depress pedals to advance cutterheads that shape stock ends.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Set up or operate metalworking, brazing, heat-treating, welding, or cutting equipment.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Activate machine start-up switches to grind, lap, hone, debar, shear, or cut workpieces, according to specifications.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Lap girdles on rough diamonds, using diamond girdling lathes.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Set up, operate, or tend presses and forging machines to perform hot or cold forging by flattening, straightening, bending, cutting, piercing, or other operations to taper, shape, or form metal.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start lathe or turning machines and observe operations to ensure that specifications are met.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, drill presses, punch presses, or bandsaws, to fabricate prototypes or models.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, cutters, shears, borers, millers, grinders, presses, drills, or auxiliary machines, to make metallic and plastic workpieces.
||Model Makers, Wood
- Set up, operate, and adjust a variety of woodworking machines such as bandsaws and planers to cut and shape sections, parts, and patterns, according to specifications.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Operate shearing mechanisms to cut rods to specified lengths.
- Operate slicing or wrapping machines.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Activate shears and grinders to trim workpieces.
- Operate saw to cut remelt into sections of specified size or to cut ingots into wafers.
||Printing Press Operators
- Set up or operate auxiliary equipment, such as cutting, folding, plate-making, drilling, or laminating machines.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Prepare metal surfaces or workpieces, using hand-operated equipment, such as grinders, cutters, or drills.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Set up or operate machines or systems to crimp, cut, bend, form, swage, flare, bead, burr, or straighten tubing, according to specifications.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Start machines and lower cutting tools to beginning points on patterns.