||Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
- Examine products or materials, parts, subassemblies, and packaging for damage, defects, or shortages, using specification sheets, gauges, and standards charts.
- Inspect products and examination records to determine the number of defects per worker and the reasons for examiners' rejections.
||First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- Monitor project activities to ensure that instructions are followed, deadlines are met, and schedules are maintained.
- Inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and contract requirements.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
||Crane and Tower Operators
- Inspect bundle packaging for conformance to regulations or customer requirements, and remove and batch packaging tickets.
||Packers and Packagers, Hand
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, or products to ensure that product quality and packing specifications are met.
||Appraisers of Personal and Business Property
- Inspect personal or business property.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Review claims adjustments with dealers, examining parts claimed to be defective, and approving or disapproving dealers' claims.
||Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
||Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Inspect products to ensure that the quality standards and specifications are met.
- Inspect outgoing work for compliance with customers' specifications.
- Inspect worn tires for faults, cracks, cuts, and nail holes, and to determine if tires are suitable for retreading.
||Cargo and Freight Agents
- Inspect and count items received and check them against invoices or other documents, recording shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
||First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
||Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Inspect mail machine output for defects and determine how to eliminate causes of any defects.
||Stockers and Order Fillers
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
||Library Assistants, Clerical
- Inspect returned books for condition and due-date status and compute any applicable fines.