Related occupations for task:
Fabricate, dress down, or substitute parts or major new items to modify equipment to meet unique operational or research needs, working from job orders, sketches, modification orders, samples, or discussions with operating officials.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Fabricate ducts for high efficiency heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to maximize efficiency of systems.
- Finish parts, using hacksaws or hand, rotary, or squaring shears.
- Shape metal material over anvils, blocks, or other forms, using hand tools.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, or drills.
- Perform sheet metal work necessary for solar panel installations.
- Shape or fabricate parts, such as stacks, uptakes, or chutes, to adapt pressure vessels, heat exchangers, or piping to premises, using heavy-metalworking machines such as brakes, rolls, or drill presses.
- Shape seams, joints, or irregular edges of pressure vessel sections or structural parts to attain specified fit of parts, using cutting torches, hammers, files, or metalworking machines.
- Straighten or reshape bent pressure vessel plates or structure parts, using hammers, jacks, or torches.
- Weld, repair, and fabricate equipment or machinery.
- Fabricate and dismantle parts, equipment, and machines, using a cutting torch or other cutting equipment.
- Construct foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials such as wood, cement, and steel.
- Construct controllers and panels, using power drills, drill presses, taps, saws, and punches.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
||Locksmiths and Safe Repairers
- Cut new or duplicate keys, using impressions or code key machines.
See more related occupations >>