Summary Report for:
41-3091.00 - Sales Representatives of Services, Except Advertising, Insurance, Financial Services, and Travel
Sell services to individuals or businesses. May describe options or resolve client problems.
The occupation code you requested, 41-3099.00 (Sales Representatives, Services, All Other), is no longer in use. In the future, please use 41-3091.00 (Sales Representatives of Services, Except Advertising, Insurance, Financial Services, and Travel) instead.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Answer customers' questions about services, prices, availability, or credit terms.
- Attend sales or trade meetings or read related publications to obtain information about market conditions, business trends, regulations, or industry developments.
- Compute and compare costs of services.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and provide ongoing support.
- Contact prospective or existing customers to discuss how services can meet their needs.
- Create forms or agreements to complete sales.
- Develop sales presentations or proposals to explain service specifications.
- Distribute promotional materials at meetings, conferences, or tradeshows.
- Emphasize or recommend service features based on knowledge of customers' needs and vendor capabilities and limitations.
- Identify prospective customers using business directories, leads from clients, or information from conferences or trade shows.
- Inform customers of contracts or other information pertaining to purchased services.
- Maintain customer records using automated systems.
- Monitor market conditions, innovations, and competitors' services, prices, and sales.
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales or service agreements.
- Quote prices, credit terms, contract terms, or fulfillment dates for services.
Detailed Work Activities
- Monitor market conditions or trends.
- Advise customers on the use of products or services.
- Advise others on business or operational matters.
- Answer customer questions about goods or services.
- Assess the cost effectiveness of products, projects, or services.
- Attend events to develop professional knowledge.
- Calculate costs of goods or services.
- Contact current or potential customers to promote products or services.
- Develop content for sales presentations or other materials.
- Distribute promotional literature or samples to customers.
- Estimate costs or terms of sales.
- Explain technical product or service information to customers.
- Identify potential customers.
- Maintain records of customer accounts.
- Negotiate prices or other sales terms.
- Prepare sales or other contracts.
- Recommend products or services to customers.
- Study product information to acquire professional knowledge.
Wages & Employment Trends
|Median wages (2019)||$26.99 hourly, $56,130 annual|
|Employment (2019)||1,070,500 employees|
|Projected growth (2019-2029)||Faster than average (5% to 7%)|
|Projected job openings (2019-2029)||123,800|
|Top industries (2019)|
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2019 wage data and 2019-2029 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2019-2029). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.