- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies, tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Design scale or full-size blueprints of specialty items such as furniture and automobile body or chassis components.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Draw freehand sketches of designs, trace finished drawings onto designated paper for the reproduction of blueprints, and reproduce working drawings on copy machines.
- Shade or color drawings to clarify and emphasize details and dimensions or eliminate background using ink, crayon, airbrush, and overlays.
- Create schematics and physical layouts of integrated microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) components or packaged assemblies consistent with process, functional, or package constraints.
- Create or maintain formal engineering documents, such as schematics, bills of materials, components or materials specifications, or packaging requirements.
- Propose product designs involving microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technology, considering market data or customer requirements.
- Create survey description pages or historical records related to the mapping activities or specifications of section plats.
- Complete detailed source and method notes describing the location of routine or complex land parcels.
||Mechanical Engineering Technicians
- Draft detail drawing or sketch for drafting room completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet or wood shops.
- Prepare parts sketches and write work orders and purchase requests to be furnished by outside contractors.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
||Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
- Prepare documentation containing information such as confidential descriptions or specifications of proprietary hardware or software, product development or introduction schedules, product costs, or information about product performance weaknesses.
- Prepare, review, or maintain maintenance schedules, design documentation, or operational reports or charts.
- Develop proposals that include documentation for estimates.
- Explain proposed solutions to customers, management, or other interested parties through written proposals and oral presentations.
- Prepare detailed reports or design statements, based on results of validation and qualification tests or reviews of procedures and protocols.
- Prepare, maintain, or review validation and compliance documentation, such as engineering change notices, schematics, or protocols.
- Write reports or proposals related to photonics research or development projects.
- Create or maintain photonic design histories.
- Estimate costs or submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
||Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technicians
- Assist nanoscientists, engineers, or technologists in writing process specifications or documentation.
- Record or oversee recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawings and documentation of production problems.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists
- Prepare specifications, designs, or sketches for machines, components, or systems related to the generation, transmission, or use of mechanical or fluid energy.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Write, review, or comment on documents, such as proposals, test plans, or procedures.
- Prepare or present public reports on topics such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, or property and right-of-way descriptions.
||Electrical Engineering Technologists
- Compile and maintain records documenting engineering schematics, installed equipment, installation or operational problems, resources used, repairs, or corrective action performed.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Document equipment or process details of radio frequency identification device (RFID) technology.
||Electronics Engineering Technologists
- Prepare or maintain design, testing, or operational records and documentation.