||Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Determine quality, cost, strength, and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Calculate heat loss and gain of buildings and structures to determine required equipment specifications, following standard procedures.
- Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents, and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's or engineer's supervision.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Estimate cost factors including labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing, or installing.
- Analyze or estimate production costs, such as labor, equipment, and plant space.
- Prepare estimate of production costs and production progress reports for management.
||Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Develop plans and estimate costs for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or construction of structures.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Prepare schedules, reports, and estimates of the costs involved in developing and operating mines.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Estimate labor, material, or construction costs for budget preparation purposes.
||Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
- Prepare budget or cost estimates for equipment, construction, or installation projects or control expenditures.
- Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs, or performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Develop engineering specifications or cost estimates for automotive design concepts.
- Estimate transportation project costs.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Prepare project plans for equipment or facility improvements, including time lines, budgetary estimates, or capital spending requests.
||Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Calculate design specifications or cost, material, and resource estimates, and prepare project schedules and budgets.
||Industrial Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Analyze, estimate, or report production costs.