||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Document test results, using cameras, spreadsheets, documents, or other tools.
- Recommend product or component design improvements, based on test data or observations.
- Recommend tests or testing conditions in accordance with designs, customer requirements, or industry standards to ensure test validity.
- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
- Compute or record photonic test data.
- Test or perform failure analysis for optomechanical or optoelectrical products, according to test plans.
- Recommend optical or optic equipment design or material changes to reduce costs or processing times.
||Wind Energy Engineers
- Recommend process or infrastructure changes to improve wind turbine performance, reduce operational costs, or comply with regulations.
- Perform root cause analysis on wind turbine tower component failures.
- Write reports to document wind farm collector system test results.
- Publish engineering reports documenting design details or qualification test results.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Provide consultation or training on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
||Non-Destructive Testing Specialists
- Prepare reports on non-destructive testing results.
- Document non-destructive testing methods, processes, or results.
||Computer Hardware Engineers
- Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
- Recommend purchase of equipment to control dust, temperature, and humidity in area of system installation.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Conduct post-service or failure analyses, using electromechanical diagnostic principles or procedures.
- Recommend or implement changes to fuel cell system designs.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Prepare reports or presentations summarizing results or conclusions of human factors engineering or ergonomics activities, such as testing, investigation, or validation.
- Provide human factors technical expertise on topics, such as advanced user-interface technology development or the role of human users in automated or autonomous sub-systems in advanced vehicle systems.
||Bioengineers and Biomedical Engineers
- Advise manufacturing staff regarding problems with fermentation, filtration, or other bioproduction processes.
- Recommend process formulas, instrumentation, or equipment specifications, based on results of bench or pilot experimentation.
- Analyze product failure data and laboratory test results to determine causes of problems and develop solutions.
- Review new product plans and make recommendations for material selection, based on design objectives, such as strength, weight, heat resistance, electrical conductivity, and cost.
- Provide technical direction or supervision to junior engineers, engineering or computer-aided design (CAD) technicians, or other technical personnel.
- Analyze and recommend chemical, biological, or other wastewater treatment methods to prepare water for industrial or domestic use.
- Recommend resolution of identified deviations from established product or process standards.
- Conduct analyses addressing issues such as failure, reliability, or yield improvement.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
||Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
- Recommend repair or design modifications of electronics components or systems, based on factors such as environment, service, cost, or system capabilities.
||Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Represent architect or engineer on construction site, ensuring builder compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections, under supervision.
||Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technologists and Technicians
- Record and interpret test data on parts, assemblies, and mechanisms.
- Prepare technical reports of findings or recommendations, based on synthesized analyses of test results.
- Determine root causes of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods, using statistical procedures.