- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Prepare and set up x-ray room for patient.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
- Set up, program, or record montages or electrical combinations when testing peripheral nerve, spinal cord, subcortical, or cortical responses.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
- Set up, clean, and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Lay out materials such as puzzles, scissors and eating utensils for use in therapy, and clean and repair these tools after therapy sessions.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Maintain stock and supplies, preparing supplies for special examinations and ordering supplies when necessary.
- Select or prepare artistic media or related equipment or devices to accomplish therapy session objectives.
- Set up and operate devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, or aerosol generators, following specified parameters of treatment.
- Set up examination rooms, ensuring that all necessary equipment is ready.
||Critical Care Nurses
- Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, or pressure lines.
- Select, prepare, or use equipment, monitors, supplies, or drugs for the administration of anesthetics.
||Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Prepare or calibrate equipment used to collect or analyze samples.
||Sports Medicine Physicians
- Select and prepare medical equipment or medications to be taken to athletic competition sites.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Set up 24-hour Holter and event monitors, scan and interpret tapes, and report results to physicians.
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, or supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Gather, arrange, or assemble instruments or supplies.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Set up, operate, or monitor invasive equipment and devices such as colostomy or tracheotomy equipment, mechanical ventilators, catheters, gastrointestinal tubes, and central lines.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Prepare treatment rooms for surgery.
- Set up or monitor the administration of oxygen or medications.