||Cooks, Fast Food
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Prepare specialty foods, such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches, or tacos, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment, such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Prepare and serve beverages, such as coffee or fountain drinks.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Serve orders to customers at windows, counters, or tables.
- Cook and package batches of food, such as hamburgers or fried chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Pre-cook items, such as bacon, to prepare them for later use.
||Food Preparation Workers
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Package take-out foods or serve food to customers.
- Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Prepare relishes and hors d'oeuvres.
||Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Prepare daily food items, and cook simple foods and beverages, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, pizza, or coffee, using proper safety precautions and sanitary measures.
- Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out food.
- Prepare and serve cold drinks, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using drink-dispensing, milkshake, or frozen custard machines.
- Cook or reheat food items such as french fries.
- Serve food and beverages to guests at banquets or other social functions.
||Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Serve food, beverages, or desserts to customers in such settings as take-out counters of restaurants or lunchrooms, business or industrial establishments, hotel rooms, and cars.
- Cook food or prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream dishes, using standard formulas or following directions.
- Serve salads, vegetables, meat, breads, and cocktails, ladle soups and sauces, portion desserts, and fill beverage cups and glasses.
- Deliver orders to kitchens, and pick up and serve food when it is ready.
||Cooks, Short Order
- Grill, cook, and fry foods such as french fries, eggs, and pancakes.
- Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
- Grill and garnish hamburgers or other meats, such as steaks and chops.
- Complete orders from steam tables, placing food on plates and serving customers at tables or counters.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
- Prepare appetizers such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
- Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches or salads.
||Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers
- Serve food to customers when waiters or waitresses need assistance.
- Serve ice water, coffee, rolls, or butter to patrons.
||Cooks, Private Household
- Prepare meals in private homes according to employers' recipes or tastes, handling all meals for the family and possibly for other household staff.
- Serve meals and snacks to employing families and their guests.
||Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria
- Cook foodstuffs according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
- Apportion and serve food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.
||Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Prepare food items, such as sandwiches, salads, soups, or beverages.
||Chefs and Head Cooks
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.