||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
- Start machine by engaging controls.
- Tend or operate machine that packages product.
- Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product.
- Stack finished packaged items, or wrap protective material around each item, and pack the items in cartons or containers.
- Package the product in the form in which it will be sent out, for example, filling bags with flour from a chute or spout.
- Secure finished packaged items by hand tying, sewing, gluing, stapling, or attaching fastener.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Remove products, machine attachments, or waste material from machines.
- Pack and store materials and products.
- Tie products in bundles for further processing or shipment, following prescribed procedures.
- Unclamp and hoist full reels from braiding, winding, or other fabricating machines, using power hoists.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Remove workpieces from fixtures, using tongs, and cool workpieces, using air or water.
- Remove workpieces from molten solder and hold parts together until color indicates that solder has set.
||Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
- Hang, fold, package, and tag finished articles for delivery to customers.
- Remove finished pieces from pressing machines and hang or stack them for cooling, or forward them for additional processing.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove completed materials or products from cutting or slicing machines, and stack or store them for additional processing.
- Remove defective or substandard materials from machines, and readjust machine components so that products meet standards.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Clear jams, and remove defective or substandard materials or products.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Load machines with objects to be processed and unload them after cleaning, placing them on conveyors or racks.
- Package finished products and prepare them for shipment.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Stop machines to remove completed components, using hand tools.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove finished cores, and stack or place them on conveyors for transfer to other work areas.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove and stack completed materials or products, and restock materials to be joined.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove workpieces from machines, and check to ensure that they conform to specifications, using measuring instruments such as microscopes, gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- Move pieces from wheels so that they can dry.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Pack finished assemblies for shipment and transport them to storage areas, using hoists or handtrucks.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Reel extruded products into rolls of specified lengths and weights.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove cooked material or products from equipment.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Remove products from equipment, manually or using hoists, and prepare them for storage, shipment, or additional processing.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Remove finished workpieces from machines and place them in boxes or on racks, setting aside pieces that are defective.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Fill or remove product from trays, carts, hoppers, or equipment, using scoops, peels, or shovels, or by hand.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove and examine shoes, shoe parts, and designs to verify conformance to specifications such as proper embedding of stitches in channels.