||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Repair or replace damaged equipment.
- Defrost frozen valves, using steam hoses.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Perform or arrange for repairs, such as complete overhauls, replacement of defective valves, gaskets, or bearings, or fabrication of new parts.
- Provide assistance to plumbers in repairing or replacing water, sewer, or waste lines, and in daily maintenance activities.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Clean, maintain, calibrate, or repair measuring instruments or test equipment, such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, or height gauges.
- Adjust, clean, or repair products or processing equipment to correct defects found during inspections.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and make minor repairs to equipment.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
||Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators
- Maintain, repair, and lubricate equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Disassemble and assemble motors, and repair and maintain electrical components and machinery parts, using hand tools.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Repair, maintain, and replace parts on dies.
||Medical Appliance Technicians
- Service or repair machinery used in the fabrication of appliances.
||Power Distributors and Dispatchers
- Repair, maintain, or clean equipment or machinery, using hand tools.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Repair or replace machine parts, using hand tools, or notify engineering personnel when corrective action is required.
||Recycling and Reclamation Workers
- Clean, inspect, or lubricate recyclable collection equipment or perform routine maintenance or minor repairs on recycling equipment, such as star gears, finger sorters, destoners, belts, and grinders.
||Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Repair or replace worn or defective parts or components, using hand tools.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Clean, maintain, and repair equipment, using hand tools, or request that repair and maintenance work be performed.
||Glass Blowers, Molders, Benders, and Finishers
- Repair broken scrolls by replacing them with new sections of tubing.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Repair and maintain equipment, objects, or parts, using hand tools.
||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Clean, oil, and make minor adjustments or repairs to machinery and equipment, such as opening valves or setting guides.
||Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Repair or replace worn or defective needles and other components, using hand tools.
||Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
- Test and repair or replace electrical equipment, such as circuit breakers, station batteries, cable trays, conduits, or control devices.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Install, maintain, or repair hoses, pumps, filters, or screens to maintain processing equipment, using hand tools.