||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Compound or process ingredients or dyes, according to formulas.
- Add or mix chemicals or ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure or weigh materials, using rulers, calculators, and scales.
- Mix and test solutions, and turn valves to fill tanks with solutions.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Measure or weigh specified amounts of ingredients or materials, and load them into tanks, vats, hoppers, or other equipment.
- Stir material with spoons or paddles to mix ingredients or allow even cooling and prevent coagulation.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products at specified intervals to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Add or mix chemicals and ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
||Laundry and Dry-Cleaning Workers
- Mix bleaching agents with hot water in vats, and soak material until it is bleached.
- Mix and add detergents, dyes, bleaches, starches, and other solutions and chemicals to clean, color, dry, or stiffen articles.
||Semiconductor Processing Technicians
- Measure and weigh amounts of crystal growing materials, mix and grind materials, load materials into container, and monitor processing procedures to help identify crystal growing problems.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Measure, mix, cut, shape, soften, and join materials and ingredients, such as powder, cornmeal, or rubber to prepare them for machine processing.
||Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic
- Measure ingredients and mix molding, casting material, or sealing compounds to prescribed consistencies, according to formulas.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before adding them to machines.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Weigh materials, products, containers, or samples to verify packaging weights or ingredient quantities.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Measure and mix ingredients to prepare glue.
||Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
- Mix catalysts into resins, and saturate cloth and mats with mixtures, using brushes.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Weigh and mix pelletized, granular, or powdered thermoplastic materials and coloring pigments.
||Biomass Plant Technicians
- Calculate, measure, load, or mix biomass feedstock for power generation.
||Biofuels Processing Technicians
- Calculate, measure, load, or mix refined feedstock used in biofuels production.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Select shaping wheels for tasks, and mix and apply abrasives, bort, or polishing compounds.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Mix solutions such as developing solutions and colored coating solutions.
- Mix ingredients according to specified procedures or formulas.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Prepare etching chemicals according to formulas, diluting acid with water to obtain solutions of specified concentration.
||Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Weigh, mix, and melt metal alloys or materials needed for jewelry models.