||Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Sort and file deposit slips and checks.
- Add new material to file records or create new records as necessary.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- File and maintain records.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Stamp messages with time and date and file them appropriately.
- File, type, or operate standard office machines.
||Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Archive documents, conduct research, and read copy, using the internet and various computer programs.
- File data and related information, and maintain and update databases.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Sort and file correspondence and perform miscellaneous clerical duties, such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
||Credit Authorizers, Checkers, and Clerks
- File sales slips in customers' ledgers for billing purposes.
||Couriers and Messengers
- Perform general office or clerical work, such as filing materials, operating duplicating machines, or running errands.
- File copies of orders received, or post orders on records.
||Office Clerks, General
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Assist coroners at death scenes or at autopsies, file police reports, and testify at inquests or in court, if employed by a coroner.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Perform general office duties, such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.