- Advise surgeon of a patient's risk status and recommend appropriate intervention to minimize risk.
- Provide consulting services to other doctors caring for patients with special or difficult problems.
||Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Provide consultation to other health care providers in areas such as patient discharge, patient care, or clinical procedures.
- Make clinical recommendations to physicians, other health care providers, insurance companies, patients, or health care organizations.
||Nuclear Medicine Physicians
- Advise other physicians of the clinical indications, limitations, assessments, or risks of diagnostic and therapeutic applications of radioactive materials.
- Provide advice on the selection of nuclear medicine supplies or equipment.
||Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Consult with or provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Provide consulting services to other physicians.
- Direct or coordinate infection control programs, advising or consulting with specified personnel about necessary precautions.
- Provide consultation and surgical assistance to other physicians and surgeons.
- Provide urology consultation to physicians or other health care professionals.
||Allergists and Immunologists
- Provide allergy or immunology consultation or education to physicians or other health care providers.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, or evaluate the quality or effectiveness of drugs or drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications or characteristics.
- Evaluate or make recommendations for standards of care or clinical operations, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations, ethics, legislation, or policies.
- Provide ophthalmic consultation to other medical professionals.
- Provide dermatologic consultation to other health professionals.
- Consult with and advise educators or medical staff on speech or hearing topics, such as communication strategies or speech and language stimulation.
- Evaluate, fit, or adjust prosthetic or orthotic devices or recommend modification to orthotist.
- Advise other physicians on the treatment of neurological problems.
- Provide advice on types or quantities of radiology equipment needed to maintain facilities.