- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Draw blood from capillaries by dermal puncture, such as heel or finger stick methods.
- Collect fluid or tissue samples, using appropriate collection procedures.
- Collect specimens at specific time intervals for tests, such as those assessing therapeutic drug levels.
- Draw blood from arteries, using arterial collection techniques.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
- Collect and study blood samples to determine the number of cells, their morphology, or their blood group, blood type, or compatibility for transfusion purposes, using microscopic techniques.
- Harvest cell cultures at optimum time, based on knowledge of cell cycle differences and culture conditions.
- Obtain, cut, stain, and mount biological material on slides for microscopic study and diagnosis, following standard laboratory procedures.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating, and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- Collect specimens from patients using standard medical procedures.
||Histotechnologists and Histologic Technicians
- Cut sections of body tissues for microscopic examination using microtomes.
- Perform nursing duties, such as administering medications, measuring vital signs, collecting specimens, or drawing blood samples.
- Collect samples or specimens for diagnostic testing.
- Obtain specimens by performing procedures such as biopsies or fine need aspirations (FNAs) of superficial nodules.
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
||Respiratory Therapy Technicians
- Collect and analyze arterial blood gas samples.
- Perform venipuncture or skin pricking to collect blood samples.
||Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Collect samples, such as blood, urine, or sputum from patients, and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
||Critical Care Nurses
- Collect specimens for laboratory tests.
- Insert arterial catheters or perform arterial punctures to obtain arterial blood samples.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Collect laboratory specimens, such as blood, urine, or feces, for testing.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Obtain specimens or samples for laboratory work.
- Collect specimens, such as urine, feces, or sputum.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Collect, prepare, and label samples for laboratory testing, culture, or microscopic examination.
- Collect specimens for use in laboratory tests.