- Answer questions about records or files.
- Find, retrieve, and make copies of information from files in response to requests and deliver information to authorized users.
||Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
||Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- Advise personnel about traffic problems, such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, or other hazards.
- Notify departments when supplies of specific items are low, or when orders would deplete available supplies.
||Office Clerks, General
- Deliver messages and run errands.
- Respond to internal and external requests for the release of information contained in medical records, copying medical records, and selective extracts in accordance with laws and regulations.
||Data Entry Keyers
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
- Identify and share research, recommendations, or other information regarding legal liabilities, risk management, or quality of care.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Notify credit departments, order merchandise repossession or service disconnection, and turn over account records to attorneys when customers fail to respond to collection attempts.
||Legal Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
||Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Provide social workers with pertinent information gathered during applicant interviews.
||Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Compute prices for services and receive payment, or provide supervisors with billing information.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
||Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
- Remove from stock products or loads not meeting quality standards, and notify supervisors or appropriate departments of discrepancies or shortages.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
||Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
||Film and Video Editors
- Conduct film screenings for directors and members of production staffs.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Notify insurance agent and accounting department of policy cancellation.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Post stop-payment notices to prevent payment of protested checks.