||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Match order forms with invoices, and record the necessary information.
- Prepare and process payroll information.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
- Compare computer printouts to manually maintained journals to determine if they match.
- Fill customer orders by packaging sold items and documentation for direct shipping or by transferring orders to manufacturers or third-party distributors.
- Deliver e-mail confirmation of completed transactions and shipment.
- Cancel orders based on customer requests or inventory or delivery problems.
- Transfer digital media, such as music, video, or software, to customers via the Internet.
- Initiate online auctions through auction hosting sites or auction management software.
||Gambling Cage Workers
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Verify accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Verify signatures and required information on checks.
- Encode and cancel checks, using bank machines.
- Match statements with batches of canceled checks by account numbers.
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Approve and pay bills.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property, on insurance applications and policies.
- Pay small claims.
- Check computations of interest accrued, premiums due, and settlement surrender on loan values.
||New Accounts Clerks
- Execute wire transfers of funds.
- Process loan applications.
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Perform payroll functions, such as maintaining timekeeping information and processing and submitting payroll.
- Collect and deposit money into accounts, disburse funds from cash accounts to pay bills or invoices, keep records of collections and disbursements, and ensure accounts are balanced.
- Prepare and mail checks.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
||Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products
- Arrange for processing or resale of purchased products.
- Sell supplies, such as seed, feed, fertilizers, or insecticides, arranging for loans or financing as necessary.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices and prepare invoices for returned goods.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
||Data Entry Keyers
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
||Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
||Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
||Office Clerks, General
- Collect, count, and disburse money, do basic bookkeeping, and complete banking transactions.
||Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
||Postal Service Clerks
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Verify ownership and transaction information and dividend distribution instructions to ensure conformance with governmental regulations, using stock records and reports.