- Establish or identify prices of goods, services, or admission, and tabulate bills, using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Review documents, such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records, to compute fees or charges due.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Estimate market value of products or services.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, or new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
||Stockers and Order Fillers
- Itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchases.
- Compute prices of items or groups of items.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
||Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents
- Calculate costs for billings or commissions.
||Sales Representatives of Services, Except Advertising, Insurance, Financial Services, and Travel
- Compute and compare costs of services.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
||Counter and Rental Clerks
- Compute charges for merchandise or services and receive payments.
||Insurance Sales Agents
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
||Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Plan routes, itineraries, and accommodation details, and compute fares and fees, using schedules, rate books, and computers.
- Turn the taximeter on when passengers enter the cab and turn it off when they reach the final destination.
- Calculate and quote charges for services such as long-distance connections.
||Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
- Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs, or wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers.
||Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Compute prices for services and receive payment, or provide supervisors with billing information.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
||Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
- Compute product totals and charges for shipments.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Compute total charges for merchandise or services and shipping charges.