- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers' checks.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
- Contact insurance companies to check on status of claims payments and write appeal letters for denial on claims.
||Postal Service Mail Carriers
- Obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail, collect associated charges, and complete any necessary paperwork.
- Turn in money and receipts collected along mail routes.
||Meter Readers, Utilities
||New Accounts Clerks
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees and issue receipts, using computers.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
||Credit Authorizers, Checkers, and Clerks
- Call customers to collect payment on delinquent accounts.
||Medical Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits or collections, preparing and sending financial statements or bills, and keeping financial records.
||Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Perform office duties, such as telemarketing or customer service inquiries, maintaining staff records, billing patients, or receiving payments.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Accept payment on accounts.
||Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Compute prices for services and receive payment, or provide supervisors with billing information.
- Collect payment for merchandise, record transactions, and send items, such as checks or money orders for further processing.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Perform various cash handling tasks, such as collecting payments, making bank deposits, or managing petty cash.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
||Office Clerks, General
- Collect, count, and disburse money, do basic bookkeeping, and complete banking transactions.
||Postal Service Clerks
- Sell and collect payment for products such as stamps, prepaid mail envelopes, and money orders.
||Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Prepare customer invoices and accept payment.
||Parking Enforcement Workers
- Collect coins deposited in meters.
||Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Sell mail products, and accept payment for products and mailing charges.