||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, secure, and align cutting tools in toolholders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
- Install holding fixtures, cams, gears, and stops to control stock and tool movement, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments.
- Mount attachments, such as relieving or tracing attachments, to perform operations, such as duplicating contours of templates or trimming workpieces.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install dies onto machines or presses and coat dies with parting agents, according to work order specifications.
- Obtain and move specified patterns to work stations, manually or using hoists, and secure patterns to machines, using wrenches.
- Select and install blades, tools, or other attachments for each operation.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Attach and adjust guides, stops, clamps, chucks, or feed mechanisms, using hand tools.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools.
- Select, clean, and install spacers, rubber sleeves, or cutters on arbors.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select and install cutting tools and other accessories according to specifications, using hand tools or power tools.
- Mount attachments and tools, such as pantographs, engravers, or routers, to perform other operations, such as drilling or boring.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Hold or position spray guns to direct spray onto articles.
- Attach and align machine parts such as rollers, guides, brushes, and blades, using hand tools.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Select and install machine components, such as dies, molds, and cutters, according to specifications, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Install, align, and adjust neck rings, press plungers, and feeder tubes.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Select and install machine components, such as cutting blades, rollers, and templates, according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Change or replace saw blades, cables, cutter heads, and grinding wheels, using hand tools.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install, adjust, and remove dies, synchronizing cams, forging hammers, and stop guides, using overhead cranes or other hoisting devices, and hand tools.
- Select, align, and bolt positioning fixtures, stops, and specified dies to rams and anvils, forging rolls, or presses and hammers.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Install attachments to machines for gluing, folding, printing, or cutting.
- Measure, space, and set saw blades, cutters, and perforators, according to product specifications.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select, install, and adjust alignment of drills, cutters, dies, guides, and holding devices, using templates, measuring instruments, and hand tools.
- Move controls or mount gears, cams, or templates in machines to set feed rates and cutting speeds, depths, and angles.
- Position rollers that turn ply edges under and over beads, or use steel rods to turn ply edges.
- Position ply stitcher rollers and drums according to width of stock, using hand tools and gauges.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Start machines and lower cutting tools to beginning points on patterns.
- Insert cutting tools or bits into machines and secure them with wrenches.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Install dies, machine screws, and sizing rings on machines that extrude thermoplastic or metal materials.
- Change dies on extruding machines according to production line changes.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Install repaired parts into equipment or install new equipment.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Mount attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Position dies on material in a manner that will obtain the maximum number of parts from each portion of material.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Mount and position tools in machine chucks, spindles, or other tool holding devices, using hand tools.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Mount and bolt sawing blades or attachments to machine shafts.
||Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Install, level, and align machine components such as gears, chains, guides, dies, cutters, or needles to set up machinery for operation.