||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Mark or discard items with defects such as spots, stains, scars, snags, chips, scratches, or unacceptable shapes or finishes.
- Mark identification numbers, trademarks, grades, marketing data, sizes, or model numbers on products.
- Stack cut items and load them on racks or conveyors or onto trucks.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Stack and sort cut material for packaging, further processing, or shipping, according to types and sizes of material.
- Remove completed materials or products from cutting or slicing machines, and stack or store them for additional processing.
- Mark cutting lines or identifying information on stock, using marking pencils, rulers, or scribes.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Stamp products with information such as dates, using hand stamps or automatic stamping devices.
- Remove finished cores, and stack or place them on conveyors for transfer to other work areas.
||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Attach identification labels to finished packaged items, or cut stencils and stencil information on containers, such as lot numbers or shipping destinations.
- Stack finished packaged items, or wrap protective material around each item, and pack the items in cartons or containers.
||Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
- Hang, fold, package, and tag finished articles for delivery to customers.
- Remove finished pieces from pressing machines and hang or stack them for cooling, or forward them for additional processing.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Mark items with details, such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
- Stack or arrange tested products for further processing, shipping, or packaging.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Stamp heat-treatment identification marks on parts, using hammers and punches.
- Mark or tag identification on parts.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove finished or cured products from dies or molds, using hand tools, air hoses, and other equipment, stamping identifying information on products when necessary.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove and stack completed materials or products, and restock materials to be joined.
||Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic
- Load or stack filled molds in ovens, dryers, or curing boxes, or on storage racks or carts.
||Butchers and Meat Cutters
- Wrap, weigh, label, and price cuts of meat.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Record operational data on tags, and attach tags to machines.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Mark defects, such as knotholes, cracks, and splits, for repair.
||Crushing, Grinding, and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Mark bins as to types of mixtures stored.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove materials or products from molds or from extruding, forming, pressing, or compacting machines, and stack or store them for additional processing.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Prepare finished books for shipping by wrapping or packing books and stacking boxes on pallets.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Inspect garments, and examine repair tags and markings on garments to locate defects or damage, and mark errors as necessary.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Tool Operators
- Stack or load finished items, or place items on conveyor systems.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Mark identifying data on workpieces.