||Emergency Management Directors
- Keep informed of activities or changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency, as well as those that could affect response efforts and details of plan implementation.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops related to emergency management to learn new information and to develop working relationships with other emergency management specialists.
- Keep informed of federal, state, and local regulations affecting emergency plans and ensure that plans adhere to these regulations.
- Develop expertise in subject matters related to committee assignments.
- Keep abreast of the issues affecting constituents by making personal visits and phone calls, reading local newspapers, and viewing or listening to local broadcasts.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant national and international current events.
- Attend or participate in conferences, community events, and promotional events related to green products or technologies.
- Monitor green-related industry statistics or literature to identify trends.
||Industrial Production Managers
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances, or statistical studies.
||Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
- Maintain familiarity with all games used at a facility, as well as strategies or tricks employed in those games.
||Investment Fund Managers
- Attend investment briefings or consult financial media to stay abreast of relevant investment markets.
||Medical and Health Services Managers
- Maintain awareness of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and financing options.
||Treasurers and Controllers
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
||Distance Learning Coordinators
- Monitor technological developments in distance learning for technological means to educational or outreach goals.
||Quality Control Systems Managers
- Review statistical studies, technological advances, or regulatory standards and trends to stay abreast of issues in the field of quality control.
||Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Read trade journals and professional literature to stay informed on trends, innovations, and changes that affect media planning.
||Human Resources Managers
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
||Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant regulations, including proposed and final rules.
- Attend meetings, professional seminars, or conferences to keep abreast of changes in executive legislative directives or new technologies impacting security operations.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, or best practices.
||Clinical Research Coordinators
- Review scientific literature, participate in continuing education activities, or attend conferences and seminars to maintain current knowledge of clinical studies affairs and issues.
||Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Meet with federal, state, and local agencies to keep updated on policies and to discuss improvements for education programs.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.