- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Install copper-clad ground rods, using a manual post driver.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Solder electrical connections, using soldering iron.
- Bolt component parts together to form tower assemblies, using hand tools.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering irons.
- Assemble components such as switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes, using hand tools or soldering irons.
- Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters, and in-flight refueling systems, using hand tools and soldering irons.
- Assemble prototypes or models of circuits, instruments, and systems for use in testing.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
||Elevator Installers and Repairers
- Connect electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors.
- Install electrical wires and controls by attaching conduit along shaft walls from floor to floor and pulling plastic-covered wires through the conduit.
- Assemble electrically powered stairs, steel frameworks, and tracks, and install associated motors and electrical wiring.
||Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Install all necessary transmission equipment components, including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors, or tower-mounted amplifiers (TMAs).
- Install, connect, or test underground or aboveground grounding systems.
- Install or repair tower lighting components, including strobes, beacons, or lighting controllers.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Install fixtures, outlets, terminal boards, switches, and wall boxes, using hand tools.
- Install new fuses, electrical cables, or power sources as required.
||Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, or video cameras and attach electrical and telephone wiring to connect components.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Install, inspect and test electric meters, relays, and power sources to detect causes of malfunctions and inaccuracies, using hand tools and testing equipment.
||Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical distribution and transmission systems, including conduits, cables, wires, and related equipment, such as transformers, circuit breakers, and switches.
||Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Update existing equipment, performing tasks such as installing updated circuit boards or additional memory.
||Mechanical Door Repairers
- Set in and secure floor treadles for door activating mechanisms; then connect power packs and electrical panelboards to treadles.
||Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
||Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Assemble electrical parts such as alternators, generators, starting devices, and switches, following schematic drawings and using hand, machine, and power tools.
||Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers
- Install electrical assemblies and wiring in aircraft camera housings and memory cards or film in cameras, following blueprints and using hand tools and soldering equipment.
||Locksmiths and Safe Repairers
- Install alarm and electronic access systems.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Install repaired equipment in various settings, such as industrial or military establishments.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Insert sealing strips, wiring, insulating material, ladders, flanges, gauges, or valves, depending on types of structures being assembled.
||Solar Photovoltaic Installers
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.