- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Install copper-clad ground rods, using a manual post driver.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Solder electrical connections, using soldering iron.
- Bolt component parts together to form tower assemblies, using hand tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
||Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Assemble and install communication equipment such as data and telephone communication lines, wiring, switching equipment, wiring frames, power apparatus, computer systems, and networks.
- Remove and replace plug-in circuit equipment.
- Install telephone station equipment, such as intercommunication systems, transmitters, receivers, relays, and ringers, and related apparatus, such as coin collectors, telephone booths, and switching-key equipment.
- Place intercept circuits on terminals to handle vacant lines in central office installations.
||Elevator Installers and Repairers
- Connect electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors.
- Install electrical wires and controls by attaching conduit along shaft walls from floor to floor and pulling plastic-covered wires through the conduit.
- Assemble electrically powered stairs, steel frameworks, and tracks, and install associated motors and electrical wiring.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Install fixtures, outlets, terminal boards, switches, and wall boxes, using hand tools.
- Install new fuses, electrical cables, or power sources as required.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Install, inspect and test electric meters, relays, and power sources to detect causes of malfunctions and inaccuracies, using hand tools and testing equipment.
- Repair electric meters and components, such as transformers and relays, and replace metering devices, dial glasses, and faulty or incorrect wiring, using hand tools.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering irons.
- Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters, and in-flight refueling systems, using hand tools and soldering irons.
||Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Install all necessary transmission equipment components, including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors, or tower-mounted amplifiers (TMAs).
- Install or repair tower lighting components, including strobes, beacons, or lighting controllers.
- Remove and replace defective components and parts such as conductors, resistors, semiconductors, and integrated circuits, using soldering irons, wire cutters, and hand tools.
||Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles
- Replace and clean electrical or electronic components.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Repair, replace, and clean equipment and components such as circuit breakers, brushes, and commutators.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Rewire electrical systems, and repair or replace electrical accessories.
||Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers
- Install electrical assemblies and wiring in aircraft camera housings and memory cards or film in cameras, following blueprints and using hand tools and soldering equipment.
||Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
- Diagnose electrical problems and install and rewire electrical components.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Install repaired equipment in various settings, such as industrial or military establishments.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Insert sealing strips, wiring, insulating material, ladders, flanges, gauges, or valves, depending on types of structures being assembled.
||Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines
- Repair, rewire, and troubleshoot electrical systems.
||Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Update existing equipment, performing tasks such as installing updated circuit boards or additional memory.
||Solar Photovoltaic Installers
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
||Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.