||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, and temperatures, and amounts, dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients.
- Press control buttons to activate machinery and equipment.
- Synchronize speeds of sections of machines when producing products involving several steps or processes.
- Activate machines to shape or form products, such as candy bars, light bulbs, balloons, or insulation panels.
- Measure, mix, cut, shape, soften, and join materials and ingredients, such as powder, cornmeal, or rubber to prepare them for machine processing.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust and correct machine set-ups to reduce thicknesses, reshape products, and eliminate product defects.
- Start operation of rolling and milling machines to flatten, temper, form, and reduce sheet metal sections and to produce steel strips.
- Manipulate controls and observe dial indicators to monitor, adjust, and regulate speeds of machine mechanisms.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that extrude and form filaments from synthetic materials such as rayon, fiberglass, or liquid polymers.
- Press buttons to stop machines when processes are complete or when malfunctions are detected.
- Move controls to activate and adjust extruding and forming machines.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Fabricate parts needed for assembly or installation, using shop machinery or equipment.
- Swage fittings onto cables, using swaging machines.
- Set up or operate machines or systems to crimp, cut, bend, form, swage, flare, bead, burr, or straighten tubing, according to specifications.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust machine controls and change tool settings to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Crank machines through cycles, stopping to adjust tool positions and machine controls to ensure specified timing, clearances, and tolerances.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines and set controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, and temperature, and to synchronize speed of extrusion.
- Adjust controls to draw or press metal into specified shapes and diameters.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
- Set up, adjust, or operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Set up, operate, or tend metal or plastic molding, casting, or coremaking machines to mold or cast metal or thermoplastic parts or products.
- Select coolants and lubricants, and start their flow.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Perform test runs to ensure that equipment is set up properly.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Test machinery to ensure that it is operating properly.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Operate or tend wire-coiling machines to wind wire coils used in electrical components such as resistors and transformers, and in electrical equipment and instruments such as bobbins and generators.
- Perform test-fires of pottery to determine how to achieve specific colors and textures.
||Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Set up and operate metalworking machines, such as milling or grinding machines, to shape or fabricate parts.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Perform test production runs and make adjustments as necessary to ensure that completed products meet standards and specifications.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
- Observe machines on trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, drill presses, punch presses, or bandsaws, to fabricate prototypes or models.
||Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Operate machines for test runs to verify adjustments and to obtain product samples.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Test machinery to ensure proper functioning before beginning production.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select the proper coolants and lubricants and start their flow.