||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Assemble parts, fittings, or subassemblies on aircraft, using layout tools, hand tools, power tools, or fasteners, such as bolts, screws, rivets, or clamps.
- Fabricate parts needed for assembly or installation, using shop machinery or equipment.
- Assemble prefabricated parts to form subassemblies.
- Position and align subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments and following blueprint lines and index points.
- Assemble prototypes or integrated-technology demonstrators of new or emerging environmental technologies for aircraft.
- Align, fit, assemble, connect, or install system components, using jigs, fixtures, measuring instruments, hand tools, or power tools.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Fit and align fabricated parts to be welded or assembled.
- Locate center lines and verify template positions, using measuring instruments such as gauge blocks, height gauges, and dial indicators.
- Lay out and fabricate metal structural parts such as plates, bulkheads, and frames.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Position and align auxiliary parts in jigs and join parts, using solder and blowtorches.
- Wire parts such as legs, spouts, and handles to article bodies in preparation for soldering.
- Glue plastic separators to handles of coffeepots and teapots.
||Timing Device Assemblers and Adjusters
- Assemble and install components of timepieces to complete mechanisms, using watchmakers' tools and loupes.
- Adjust sizes or positioning of timepiece parts to achieve specified fit or function, using calipers, fixtures, and loupes.
- Mount hairsprings and balance wheel assemblies between jaws of truing calipers.
- Align treads with guides, start drums to wind treads onto plies, and slice ends.
- Pull plies from supply racks, and align plies with edges of drums.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Verify that workpiece reference lines are parallel to the axis of table rotation, using dial indicators mounted in spindles.
- Perform minor assembly, such as fastening parts with nuts, bolts, or screws, using power tools or hand tools.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Assemble, align, and clamp workpieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components.
- Lay out, fit, or connect parts to be bonded, calculating production measurements as necessary.
||Electromechanical Equipment Assemblers
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Position stones and metal pieces, and set, mount, and secure items in place, using setting and hand tools.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Align and stitch or glue materials such as fabric, fleece, leather, or wood, to join parts.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Align and assemble parts to produce completed products, using gauges and hand tools.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Align parts to be stitched, following seams, edges, or markings, before positioning them under needles.
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, or staples.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Baste edges of material to align and temporarily secure parts for final assembly.
- Measure and align parts, fasteners, or trimmings, following seams, edges, or markings on parts.
||Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Position or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Verify alignment of workpieces on machines, using measuring instruments, such as rules, gauges, or calipers.
||Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Mount, secure, and align finished lenses in frames or optical assemblies, using precision hand tools.