||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Monitor process indicators, instruments, gauges, and meters to detect and report any possible problems.
- Read automatic gauges at specified intervals to determine the flow rate of oil into or from tanks, and the amount of oil in tanks.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Monitor all systems for normal running conditions, performing activities such as checking gauges to assess output or the effects of generator loading on other equipment.
- Monitor or operate boilers, turbines, wells, or auxiliary power plant equipment.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Read dials or meters to verify that equipment is functioning at specified levels.
- Monitor machines that automatically measure, sort, or inspect products.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Monitor transportation and storage of flammable and other potentially dangerous products to ensure that safety guidelines are followed.
- Monitor equipment functioning, observe temperature, level, and flow gauges, and perform regular unit checks to ensure that all equipment is operating as it should.
||Biomass Power Plant Managers
- Monitor and operate communications systems, such as mobile radios.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Manipulate controls and observe dial indicators to monitor, adjust, and regulate speeds of machine mechanisms.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Monitor machine operation and control panel displays, and compare readings to specifications to detect malfunctions.
- Monitor pumps and flow lines for gas and fluid leaks.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Read dials and gauges on panel control boards to ascertain temperatures, alkalinities, and densities of mixtures, and turn valves to obtain specified mixtures.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect malfunctions such as clogged bushings and defective binder applicators.
||Power Plant Operators
- Place standby emergency electrical generators on line in emergencies and monitor the temperature, output, and lubrication of the system.
||Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe display screens, control panels, equipment, and cloth entering or exiting processes to determine if equipment is operating correctly.
||Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Observe bobbins as they are winding and cut threads to remove loaded bobbins, using knives.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
||Meter Readers, Utilities
- Inspect meters for unauthorized connections, defects, and damage, such as broken seals.
- Monitor equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Monitor the system for equipment failure or errors in performance.
||Power Distributors and Dispatchers
- Monitor and record switchboard or control board readings to ensure that electrical or steam distribution equipment is operating properly.
||Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
- Test and adjust communication and alarm systems, and report malfunctions to maintenance units.
- Check equipment to ensure that it meets health and safety regulations and perform maintenance or cleaning, as necessary.