Details Report for:
11-2033.00 - Fundraising Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities to solicit and maintain funds for special projects or nonprofit organizations.
Sample of reported job titles: Account Supervisor, Annual Giving Director, Development Director
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Assign, supervise, and review the activities of fundraising staff.
- Compile or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
- Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, charitable donation history, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
- Design and edit promotional publications, such as brochures.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Direct activities of external agencies, establishments, or departments that develop and implement fundraising strategies and programs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, government officials, and media representatives and use these relationships to develop new fundraising opportunities.
- Establish goals for soliciting funds, develop policies for collection and safeguarding of contributions, and coordinate disbursement of funds.
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with fundraising efforts.
- Formulate policies and procedures related to fundraising programs.
- Manage fundraising budgets.
- Plan and direct special events for fundraising, such as silent auctions, dances, golf events, or walks.
- Produce films and other video products, regulate their distribution, and operate film library.
- Write interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for media kits, and develop and maintain company internet or intranet web pages.
- Accounting software — Fund accounting software
- Business intelligence and data analysis software — MicroStrategy
- Customer relationship management CRM software — Blackbaud eTapestry; Blackbaud The Raiser's Edge; Oracle Eloqua; Salesforce software (see all 5 examples)
- Data base management system software — Teradata Database
- Data base user interface and query software — Airtable; Data entry software ; Microsoft Access ; Yardi (see all 5 examples)
- Data mining software — Google Analytics
- Desktop publishing software — Adobe Systems Adobe Distiller; Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign ; Adobe Systems Adobe PageMaker; Microsoft Publisher (see all 5 examples)
- Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Electronic mail software — Google Gmail; IBM Notes ; Novell GroupWise
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — Microsoft Dynamics ; Oracle PeopleSoft Financials
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud ; Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator ; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop ; SmugMug Flickr (see all 6 examples)
- Human resources software — Human resource management software HRMS
- Internet browser software — Web browser software
- Office suite software — Corel WordPerfect Office Suite; Google Drive ; Microsoft Office
- Presentation software — Mentimeter; Microsoft PowerPoint
- Project management software — Microsoft Project ; Microsoft SharePoint ; Slack; zkipster
- Sales and marketing software — Google AdWords ; HubSpot software ; Instagram PeopleMap; Marketo Marketing Automation
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Video creation and editing software — Adobe Systems Adobe AfterEffects ; Flipgrid; WeVideo; YouTube (see all 7 examples)
- Web page creation and editing software — Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver; Facebook ; LinkedIn ; Social media sites (see all 5 examples)
- Web platform development software — Drupal ; Hypertext markup language HTML
- Word processing software — Google Docs ; Microsoft Word
Hot Technology — a technology requirement frequently included in employer job postings.
- Develop organizational policies or programs.
- Develop business or market strategies.
- Develop financial or business plans.
- Develop library or archival databases.
- Develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures.
- Develop organizational goals or objectives.
- Develop promotional materials.
- Direct financial operations.
- Direct sales, marketing, or customer service activities.
- Distribute instructional or library materials.
- Edit documents.
- Establish interpersonal business relationships to facilitate work activities.
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Evaluate program effectiveness.
- Examine financial records.
- Inform the public about policies, services or procedures.
- Manage organizational or project budgets.
- Operate still or video cameras or related equipment.
- Organize special events.
- Prepare proposal documents.
- Present information to the public.
- Supervise employees.
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wage data for Public Relations and Fundraising Managers.
Employment data for Public Relations and Fundraising Managers.
Industry data for Public Relations and Fundraising Managers.
|Median wages (2020)||$56.94 hourly, $118,430 annual|
|Employment (2019)||88,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2019-2029)||Much faster than average (8% or higher)|
|Projected job openings (2019-2029)||7,600|
|Top industries (2019)||
Educational Services (21% employed in this sector)
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2020 wage data and 2019-2029 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2019-2029). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.
Job Openings on the Web
Sources of Additional Information
Disclaimer: Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industries. Links to non-DOL Internet sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.
- American Alliance of Museums
- American Marketing Association
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Public relations and fundraising managers
- Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development of the American Hospital Association