- Consult with product development personnel on product specifications such as design, color, or packaging.
- Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement or royalty sharing with outside producers or distributors.
- Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
- Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding environmentally sound or sustainable products.
- Consult with corporate attorneys as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
- Collaborate with human resources departments to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations.
||Industrial Production Managers
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Review plans and confer with research or support staff to develop new products or processes.
||Quality Control Systems Managers
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Confer with marketing and sales departments to define client requirements and expectations.
||Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Review registration statistics, and consult with faculty officials to develop registration policies.
- Confer with other academic staff to explain and formulate admission requirements and course credit policies.
||Clinical Research Coordinators
- Communicate with laboratories or investigators regarding laboratory findings.
- Confer with health care professionals to determine the best recruitment practices for studies.
||Storage and Distribution Managers
- Advise sales and billing departments of transportation charges for customers' accounts.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
||Supply Chain Managers
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Identify or qualify new suppliers in collaboration with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, or quality assurance.
||Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
- Confer with labor relations managers to develop internal communications that keep employees informed of company activities.
- Confer with board members, organization officials, or staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
||Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Meet with boards of directors and committees to discuss and resolve legal and environmental issues or disputes between neighbors.
||Training and Development Managers
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
||Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Coordinate with other marketing team members and workers such as graphic artists to develop and implement marketing programs.
||Nursery and Greenhouse Managers
- Confer with horticultural personnel to plan facility renovations or additions.
||Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Confer with management, production, or marketing staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
||Emergency Management Directors
- Collaborate with other officials to prepare and analyze damage assessments following disasters or emergencies.
- Confer and cooperate with other managers to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
||Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Confer with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
- Confer with colleagues to formulate positions and strategies pertaining to pending issues.