- Train new employees on topics such as the proper operation of laboratory equipment.
- Direct or monitor other workers producing chemical products.
- Educate healthcare workers, patients, and the public about infectious and communicable diseases, including disease transmission and prevention.
- Supervise professional, technical, and clerical personnel.
- Direct and review the work of staff members, including survey support staff and interviewers who gather survey data.
- Hire and train recruiters and data collectors.
- Direct the work of technicians and information technology staff applying bioinformatics tools or applications in areas such as proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, or clinical bioinformatics.
- Instruct others in the selection and use of bioinformatics tools.
- Supervise or direct the work of other geneticists, biologists, technicians, or biometricians working on genetics research projects.
- Maintain laboratory safety programs and train personnel in laboratory safety techniques.
||Anthropologists and Archeologists
- Train others in the application of ethnographic research methods to solve problems in organizational effectiveness, communications, technology development, policy making, and program planning.
- Lead field training sites and train field staff, students, and volunteers in excavation methods.
||Food Science Technicians
- Train newly hired laboratory personnel.
||Fire Inspectors and Investigators
- Teach fire investigation techniques to other firefighter personnel.
- Direct, coordinate, or advise personnel in test procedures for analyzing components or physical properties of materials.
- Direct work of statistical clerks, statisticians, and others who compile and evaluate research data.
- Supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists.
||Forensic Science Technicians
- Train new technicians or other personnel on forensic science techniques.
||Nuclear Monitoring Technicians
- Instruct personnel in radiation safety procedures and demonstrate use of protective clothing and equipment.
- Supervise biological technicians and technologists and other scientists.
||Social Science Research Assistants
- Supervise the work of survey interviewers.
||Information Security Engineers
- Train staff on and oversee the use of information security standards, policies, and best practices.
||Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Train technicians in the use of remote sensing technology.
||Molecular and Cellular Biologists
- Supervise technical personnel and postdoctoral research fellows.
||Environmental Science and Protection Technicians, Including Health
- Direct activities of workers in laboratory.
||Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health
- Supervise or train students, environmental technologists, technicians, or other related staff.