- Inform staff of job responsibilities, performance expectations, client service standards, or corporate policies and guidelines.
- Train staff in the use or sale of products, programs, or activities.
- Develop staff service or retail goals and guide staff in goal achievement.
- Supervise students' housekeeping work to ensure that it is done properly.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate residence hall staff, including resident assistants, participants in work-study programs, and other student workers.
- Supervise the activities of housekeeping personnel.
||First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
- Train workers in proper operational procedures and functions and explain company policies.
- Direct or coordinate the activities of workers, such as flight attendants, hotel staff, or hair stylists.
- Direct the work of wardrobe crews during dress rehearsals or performances.
- Participate in the hiring, training, scheduling, or supervision of alteration workers.
- Supervise staff and monitor gambling tables to ensure security of the game.
- Train new dealers.
- Direct workers compiling summary sheets for each race or event to record amounts wagered and amounts to be paid to winners.
- Interview, hire, or train workers.
- Train, supervise, schedule, and evaluate slot department workers, including change runners and slot technicians.
||Tour Guides and Escorts
- Train other guides and volunteers.
||Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
- Schedule or manage staff, such as volunteer usher corps.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties such as keeping records, paying bills, and hiring and supervising personnel.
- Supervise funeral attendants and other funeral home staff.
||Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
- Supervise staff and games and mediate disputes.
||Morticians, Undertakers, and Funeral Directors
- Manage funeral home operations, including the hiring, training, or supervision of embalmers, funeral attendants, or other staff.
- Perform general personnel functions, such as supervision, training, and scheduling.
- Supervise and coordinate the work activities of personnel, such as training staff members and assigning work duties.