- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Count currency, coins, and checks received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, to prepare them for deposit or shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
- Process transactions, such as term deposits, retirement savings plan contributions, automated teller transactions, night deposits, and mail deposits.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers' checks.
- Arrange monies received in cash boxes and coin dispensers according to denomination.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
- Count, verify, and post armored car deposits.
- Issue checks to bond owners in settlement of transactions.
- Fill customer orders by packaging sold items and documentation for direct shipping or by transferring orders to manufacturers or third-party distributors.
- Deliver e-mail confirmation of completed transactions and shipment.
- Cancel orders based on customer requests or inventory or delivery problems.
- Transfer digital media, such as music, video, or software, to customers via the Internet.
- Initiate online auctions through auction hosting sites or auction management software.
||Gaming Cage Workers
- Convert gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Count funds and reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Cash checks and process credit card advances for patrons.
- Prepare bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Perform removal and rotation of cash, coin, or chip inventories as necessary.
||New Accounts Clerks
- Collect and record customer deposits and fees and issue receipts, using computers.
- Execute wire transfers of funds.
- Perform foreign currency transactions and sell traveler's checks.
- Process loan applications.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Prepare and process payroll information.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Perform payroll functions, such as maintaining timekeeping information and processing and submitting payroll.
- Collect and deposit money into accounts, disburse funds from cash accounts to pay bills or invoices, keep records of collections and disbursements, and ensure accounts are balanced.
- Prepare and mail checks.
||Postal Service Mail Carriers
- Obtain signed receipts for registered, certified, and insured mail, collect associated charges, and complete any necessary paperwork.
- Turn in money and receipts collected along mail routes.
||Postal Service Clerks
- Sell and collect payment for products such as stamps, prepaid mail envelopes, and money orders.
- Cash money orders.
||Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products
- Arrange for processing or resale of purchased products.
- Sell supplies, such as seed, feed, fertilizers, or insecticides, arranging for loans or financing as necessary.
||Customer Service Representatives
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Perform administrative tasks, such as accepting orders, scheduling appointments or meeting rooms, or sending and receiving faxes.
- Perform various cash handling tasks, such as collecting payments, making bank deposits, or managing petty cash.
- Collect prescribed fees for licenses.
- Prepare bank deposits and take deposits to banks.
||Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Encode and cancel checks, using bank machines.
||Parking Lot Attendants
- Perform cash handling tasks, such as making change, balancing and recording cash drawer, or distributing tips.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Accept payment on accounts.
||Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Arrange for maintenance and liquidation of delinquent properties.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Prepare credit cards or charge account plates.