||Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Hold cut or uneven edges of glass against automated abrasive belts to shape or smooth edges.
- Cut flat safety glass according to specified patterns or perform precision pattern making and glass cutting to custom fit replacement windows.
||Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers
- Trim trees that could be hazardous to the functioning of cables or wires.
- Cut and peel lead sheathing and insulation from defective or newly installed cables and conduits prior to splicing.
||Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Spread plastic film over areas to be repaired to prevent damage to surrounding areas.
- Trim and shape replacement body sections to specified sizes and fits and secure sections in place, using adhesives, hand tools, and power tools.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Cut new drumheads from animal skins, using scissors, and soak drumheads in water to make them pliable.
- Cut out sections around cracks on percussion instruments to prevent cracks from advancing, using shears or grinding wheels.
||Locksmiths and Safe Repairers
- Cut new or duplicate keys, using key cutting machines.
||Manufactured Building and Mobile Home Installers
- Open and close doors, windows, and drawers to test their operation, trimming edges to fit, using jackplanes or drawknives.
||Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, or assemble new equipment.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Measure, cut, and install frameworks and conduit to support and connect wiring, control panels, and junction boxes, using hand tools.
||Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers
- Apply protective materials to equipment, components, and parts to prevent defects and corrosion.
||Refractory Materials Repairers, Except Brickmasons
- Measure furnace walls to determine dimensions and cut required number of sheets from plastic block, using saws.
||Recreational Vehicle Service Technicians
- Open and close doors, windows, or drawers to test their operation, trimming edges to fit, as necessary.
- Apply coatings or operate systems to mitigate corrosion of geothermal plant equipment or structures.
||Mechanical Door Repairers
- Cut door stops or angle irons to fit openings.
||Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe or tubing, using pipe fitter's tools.
||Home Appliance Repairers
- Measure, cut, and thread pipe, and connect it to feeder lines and equipment or appliances, using rules and hand tools.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Cut seats to receive new orifices, tap inspection ports, and perform other repairs to salvage usable materials, using hand tools and machine tools.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Cut and form insulation, and insert insulation into armature, rotor, or stator slots.