||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start machines and turn handwheels or valves to engage feeding, cooling, and lubricating mechanisms.
- Select, install, and adjust alignment of drills, cutters, dies, guides, and holding devices, using templates, measuring instruments, and hand tools.
- Move controls or mount gears, cams, or templates in machines to set feed rates and cutting speeds, depths, and angles.
- Change worn machine accessories, such as cutting tools or brushes, using hand tools.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove defective or substandard materials from machines, and readjust machine components so that products meet standards.
- Type instructions on computer keyboards, push buttons to activate computer programs, or manually set cutting guides, clamps, and knives.
- Change or replace saw blades, cables, cutter heads, and grinding wheels, using hand tools.
- Position width gauge blocks between blades, and level blades and insert wedges into frames to secure blades to frames.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Adjust machine tables or cutting devices and set controls on machines to produce specified cuts or operations.
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Change alignment and adjustment of sanding, cutting, or boring machine guides to prevent defects in finished products, using hand tools.
- Remove and replace worn parts, bits, belts, sandpaper, or shaping tools.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Load materials into extruding and forming machines, using hand tools, and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
- Observe flow of finish across finish rollers, and turn valves to adjust flow to specifications.
- Press metering-pump buttons and turn valves to stop flow of polymers.
||Milling and Planing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select cutting speeds, feed rates, and depths of cuts, applying knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Move controls to set cutting specifications, to position cutting tools and workpieces in relation to each other, and to start machines.
- Replace worn tools, using hand tools, and sharpen dull tools, using bench grinders.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Read dials and gauges on panel control boards to ascertain temperatures, alkalinities, and densities of mixtures, and turn valves to obtain specified mixtures.
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
- Weigh packages and adjust freezer air valves or switches on filler heads to obtain specified amounts of product in each container.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Turn controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates, or table angles for specified operations.
- Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools.
- Set blade tensions, heights, and angles to perform prescribed cuts, using wrenches.
||Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Repair or replace worn or defective parts or components, using hand tools.
- Adjust cutting techniques to types of fabrics and styles of garments.
- Install, level, and align components, such as gears, chains, guides, dies, cutters, or needles, to set up machinery for operation.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Adjust saw blades, using wrenches and rulers, or by turning handwheels or pressing pedals, levers, or panel buttons.
- Set up, operate, or tend saws or machines that cut or trim wood to specified dimensions, such as circular saws, band saws, multiple-blade sawing machines, scroll saws, ripsaws, or crozer machines.
- Sharpen blades or replace defective or worn blades or bands, using hand tools.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Adjust depths and sizes of cuts by adjusting heights of worktables, or by adjusting machine-arm gauges.
- Set reduction scales to attain specified sizes of reproduction on workpieces, and set pantograph controls for required heights, depths, and widths of cuts.
- Observe actions of cutting tools through microscopes and adjust stylus movement to ensure accurate reproduction.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce ingots or other castings, using ladles or hand-controlled mechanisms.
- Pull levers to lift ladle stoppers and to allow molten steel to flow into ingot molds to specified heights.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients.
- Turn valves or start pumps to add ingredients or drain products from equipment and to transfer products for storage, cooling, or further processing.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Turn valves or move controls to admit, drain, separate, filter, clarify, mix, or transfer materials.
- Set up or adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, or pressure.
||Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Replace worn tools, and sharpen dull cutting tools and dies, using bench grinders or cutter-grinding machines.
- Move controls to set cutting speeds and depths and feed rates, and to position tools in relation to workpieces.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Change worn cutting tools, using wrenches.
- Select and set cutting speeds, feed rates, depths of cuts, and cutting tools, according to machining instructions or knowledge of metal properties.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjust tools to produce specified cuts.
- Remove and replace worn or broken machine parts, using hand tools.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Turn valves to regulate flow of products or byproducts through agitator tanks, storage drums, or neutralizer tanks.
- Repair or replace damaged equipment.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Mix and test solutions, and turn valves to fill tanks with solutions.
- Replace worn parts and adjust equipment components, using hand tools.
||Cutters and Trimmers, Hand
- Replace or sharpen dulled cutting tools such as saws.
- Adjust guides and stops to control depths and widths of cuts.
||Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Repair or replace worn or defective needles and other components, using hand tools.
- Install, level, and align machine components such as gears, chains, guides, dies, cutters, or needles to set up machinery for operation.