||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Place rolls of paper or cardboard on machine feed tracks, and thread paper through gluing, coating, and slitting rollers.
- Fill glue and paraffin reservoirs, and position rollers to dispense glue onto paperboard.
- Lift tote boxes of finished cartons, and dump cartons into feed hoppers.
- Load automatic stapling mechanisms.
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Dump materials such as prepared ingredients into machine hoppers prior to mixing.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Fill machines with glue, cement, or adhesives.
- Mount or load material such as paper, plastic, wood, or rubber in feeding mechanisms of cementing or gluing machines.
||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Unload mixtures into containers or onto conveyors for further processing.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Measure or weigh specified amounts of ingredients or materials, and load them into tanks, vats, hoppers, or other equipment.
- Load and position wrapping paper, sticks, bags, or cartons into dispensing machines.
||Semiconductor Processing Technicians
- Load and unload equipment chambers and transport finished product to storage or to area for further processing.
- Measure and weigh amounts of crystal growing materials, mix and grind materials, load materials into container, and monitor processing procedures to help identify crystal growing problems.
||Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
- Fill tanks of processing machines with solutions such as developer, dyes, stop-baths, fixers, bleaches, or washes.
- Load circuit boards, racks or rolls of film, negatives, or printing paper into processing or printing machines.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Mix and measure compounds, or weigh premixed compounds, and dump them into machine tubs, cavities, or molds.
- Pour or load metal or sand into melting pots, furnaces, molds, or hoppers, using shovels, ladles, or machines.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Load equipment receptacles or conveyors with material to be processed, by hand or using hoists.
- Feed fuel, such as coal and coke, into fireboxes or onto conveyors, and remove ashes from furnaces, using shovels and buckets.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Draw thread through machine guide slots, needles, and presser feet in preparation for stitching, or load rolls of wire through machine axles.
- Load hot-melt plastic rod glue through reactivator axles, using wrenches, and switch on reactivators, setting temperature and timers to heat glue to specifications.
||Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Mount rolls of cloth on machines, using hoists, or place textile goods in machines or pieces of equipment.
- Creel machines with bobbins or twine.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Load or feed workpieces into welding machines to join or bond components.
- Fill hoppers and position spouts to direct flow of flux or manually brush flux onto seams of workpieces.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Fill hoppers, reservoirs, troughs, or pans with material used to coat, paint, or spray, using conveyors or pails.
- Mix paints to match color specifications or original colors, stirring or thinning paints, using spatulas or power mixing equipment.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Load specified amounts of metal and flux into furnaces or clay crucibles.
||Dental Laboratory Technicians
- Melt metals or mix plaster, porcelain, or acrylic pastes and pour materials into molds or over frameworks to form dental prostheses or apparatus.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position parts in plastic bags, and seal bags with irons.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position containers to receive parts, and load or unload materials in containers, using dollies or handtrucks.
||Cleaning, Washing, and Metal Pickling Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Load machines with objects to be processed and unload them after cleaning, placing them on conveyors or racks.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Select and mix ingredients to prepare coating substances according to specifications, using paddles or mechanical mixers.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Kindle fires, and shovel fuel and other materials into furnaces or onto conveyors by hand, with hoists, or by directing crane operators.