||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Place rolls of paper or cardboard on machine feed tracks, and thread paper through gluing, coating, and slitting rollers.
- Fill glue and paraffin reservoirs, and position rollers to dispense glue onto paperboard.
- Remove finished cores, and stack or place them on conveyors for transfer to other work areas.
- Lift tote boxes of finished cartons, and dump cartons into feed hoppers.
- Load automatic stapling mechanisms.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Unload finished products from conveyor belts, pack them in containers, and place containers in warehouses.
- Mix and measure compounds, or weigh premixed compounds, and dump them into machine tubs, cavities, or molds.
- Pour or load metal or sand into melting pots, furnaces, molds, or hoppers, using shovels, ladles, or machines.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Fill machines with glue, cement, or adhesives.
- Remove and stack completed materials or products, and restock materials to be joined.
- Mount or load material such as paper, plastic, wood, or rubber in feeding mechanisms of cementing or gluing machines.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Load equipment receptacles or conveyors with material to be processed, by hand or using hoists.
- Remove products from equipment, manually or using hoists, and prepare them for storage, shipment, or additional processing.
- Feed fuel, such as coal and coke, into fireboxes or onto conveyors, and remove ashes from furnaces, using shovels and buckets.
||Shoe Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove and examine shoes, shoe parts, and designs to verify conformance to specifications such as proper embedding of stitches in channels.
- Draw thread through machine guide slots, needles, and presser feet in preparation for stitching, or load rolls of wire through machine axles.
- Load hot-melt plastic rod glue through reactivator axles, using wrenches, and switch on reactivators, setting temperature and timers to heat glue to specifications.
||Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove dyed articles from tanks and machines for drying and further processing.
- Mount rolls of cloth on machines, using hoists, or place textile goods in machines or pieces of equipment.
- Creel machines with bobbins or twine.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove parts from furnaces after specified times, and air dry or cool parts in water, oil brine, or other baths.
- Position parts in plastic bags, and seal bags with irons.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Clear jams, and remove defective or substandard materials or products.
- Pour, scoop, or dump specified ingredients, metal assemblies, or mixtures into sections of machine prior to starting machines.
||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
||Semiconductor Processing Technicians
- Load and unload equipment chambers and transport finished product to storage or to area for further processing.
- Measure and weigh amounts of crystal growing materials, mix and grind materials, load materials into container, and monitor processing procedures to help identify crystal growing problems.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Secure woodstock against a guide or in a holding device, place woodstock on a conveyor, or dump woodstock in a hopper to feed woodstock into machines.
- Unclamp workpieces and remove them from machines.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Tool Operators
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Lay out and mark areas of parts to be shot peened and fill hoppers with shot.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove completed materials or products from cutting or slicing machines, and stack or store them for additional processing.
- Remove defective or substandard materials from machines, and readjust machine components so that products meet standards.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Remove objects from solutions at periodic intervals and observe objects to verify conformance to specifications.
- Position containers to receive parts, and load or unload materials in containers, using dollies or handtrucks.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Select and load materials such as workpieces, objects, and machine parts onto equipment used in coiling processes.
- Stop machines to remove completed components, using hand tools.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Remove cooked material or products from equipment.
- Pour, dump, or load prescribed quantities of ingredients or products into cooking equipment, manually or using a hoist.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Measure or weigh specified amounts of ingredients or materials, and load them into tanks, vats, hoppers, or other equipment.
- Load and position wrapping paper, sticks, bags, or cartons into dispensing machines.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Fill or remove product from trays, carts, hoppers, or equipment, using scoops, peels, or shovels, or by hand.
- Dump sugar dust from collectors into melting tanks and add water to reclaim sugar lost during processing.
||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery or equipment.
- Unload mixtures into containers or onto conveyors for further processing.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Load materials into extruding and forming machines, using hand tools, and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
- Pull extruded fiberglass filaments over sleeves where binding solution is applied, and into grooves of graphite shoes that bind filaments into single strands of sliver.