||Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Determine quantities, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions.
||Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Read blueprints, and select appropriate insulation, based on space characteristics and the heat retaining or excluding characteristics of the material.
||Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine job requirements.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Interpret blueprints and drawings to determine specifications and to calculate the materials required.
||First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Take measurements and study floor sketches to calculate the area to be carpeted and the amount of material needed.
- Study blueprints to determine locations, relationships, or dimensions of parts.
||Construction and Building Inspectors
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, or construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors or homeowners to determine work requirements.
||Elevator and Escalator Installers and Repairers
- Read and interpret blueprints to determine the layout of system components, frameworks, and foundations, and to select installation equipment.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Read specifications or blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, or sizes of materials required.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Determine project requirements, such as scope, assembly sequences, or required methods or materials, using blueprints, drawings, or written or verbal instructions.
||Tile and Stone Setters
- Study blueprints and examine surface to be covered to determine amount of material needed.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Read blueprints or other specifications to determine methods of installation, work procedures, or material or tool requirements.
||Solar Photovoltaic Installers
- Examine designs to determine current requirements for all parts of the photovoltaic (PV) system electrical circuit.
- Read and interpret blueprints or specifications to determine size, shape, color, type, or thickness of glass, location of framing, installation procedures, or staging or scaffolding materials required.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Talk to clients and study instructions, plans, or diagrams to establish work requirements.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
||Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas
- Review client requirements and proposed locations for drilling operations to determine feasibility, and to determine cost estimates.