||Word Processors and Typists
- Gather, register, and arrange the material to be typed, following instructions.
- Electronically sort and compile text and numerical data, retrieving, updating, and merging documents as required.
- Collate pages of reports and other documents.
- Work with technical material, preparing statistical reports, planning and typing statistical tables, and combining and rearranging material from different sources.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Compile data pertinent to manufacture of special products for customers.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
||Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Make travel arrangements for executives.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and boards of directors.
- Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Compile reports, charts, or graphs that describe and interpret findings of analyses.
- Organize paperwork, such as survey forms or reports, for distribution or analysis.
- Compile statistics from source materials, such as production or sales records, quality-control or test records, time sheets, or survey sheets.
||Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Post relevant work hours to client files to bill clients properly.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
- Compile budget data and documents, based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting, or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Arrange tours, taxis, or restaurant reservations for customers.
||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Arrange conference, meeting, or travel reservations for office personnel.
||Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Compile, record, and code results or data from interview or survey, using computer or specified form.
- Collect and analyze data, such as studying old records, tallying the number of outpatients entering each day or week, or participating in federal, state, or local population surveys as a Census Enumerator.
||Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
- Compile information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Compile and prepare documentation related to production sequences, transportation, personnel schedules, or purchase, maintenance, or repair orders.
||Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Sort, assemble, and proof completed work.
- Prepare and process papers for use in scanning, microfilming, and microfiche.
- Sort or classify information according to guidelines, such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order.
- Gather materials to be filed from departments or employees.
||Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
||Office Clerks, General
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Make travel arrangements for office personnel.
||Medical Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence, using typewriter or personal computer.
||Gambling Surveillance Officers and Gambling Investigators
- Develop and maintain log of surveillance observations.
||Data Entry Keyers
- Compile, sort, and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
||Cooks, Private Household
- Keep records pertaining to menus, finances, and other business-related issues.
||Appraisers of Personal and Business Property
- Create and maintain a database of completed appraisals.
||Legal Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Make travel arrangements for attorneys.