- Measure and mark outlines or patterns on glass to indicate cutting lines.
- Measure mirrors and dimensions of areas to be covered to determine work procedures.
- Cut and attach mounting strips, metal or wood moldings, rubber gaskets, or metal clips to surfaces in preparation for mirror installation.
- Measure, cut, fit, and press anti-glare adhesive film to glass or spray glass with tinting solution to prevent light glare.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
- Cut metal or wood framing and trim to size, using cutting tools.
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans for the location of rooms or hallways.
- Roll out, measure, mark, and cut carpeting to size with a carpet knife, following floor sketches and allowing extra carpet for final fitting.
- Measure, cut and install tackless strips along the baseboard or wall.
||Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
- Cut pipe and lift up to fitters.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers or levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines, such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines.
||Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Cut rods to required lengths, using metal shears, hacksaws, bar cutters, or acetylene torches.
- Cut and fit wire mesh or fabric, using hooked rods, and position fabric or mesh in concrete to reinforce concrete.
||Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Cut, thread, or hammer pipes to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, or pipe benders.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting or threading.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Measure designated amounts of ingredients for terrazzo or grout according to standard formulas and specifications, using graduated containers and scales, and load ingredients into portable mixer.
- Cut metal division strips and press them into the terrazzo base for joints or changes of color to form designs or patterns or to help prevent cracks.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Measure and mark guidelines on surfaces or foundations, using chalk lines and dividers.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut.
||Tile and Marble Setters
- Measure and cut metal lath to size for walls and ceilings, using tin snips.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Measure distance from reference points and mark guidelines to lay out work, using plumb bobs and levels.
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
||Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Cut rails to specified lengths, using rail saws.
||Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, power saws, knives, or scissors.
||Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
||Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Weigh clay, and mix with water and chemicals to make drilling mud, using portable mixers.