- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Inspect and test equipment and circuits to identify malfunctions or defects, using wiring diagrams and testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or ammeters.
- Run signal quality and connectivity tests for individual cables, and record results.
- Construct, test, maintain, and repair substation relay and control systems.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, or voltmeters.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Examine boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, or vats to locate defects, such as leaks, weak spots, or defective sections, so that they can be repaired.
- Inspect assembled vessels or individual components, such as tubes, fittings, valves, controls, or auxiliary mechanisms, to locate any defects.
||Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation, and record results.
- Measure and adjust voltages to specified values to determine operational accuracy of instruments.
||Construction and Building Inspectors
- Inspect bridges, dams, highways, buildings, wiring, plumbing, electrical circuits, sewers, heating systems, or foundations during and after construction for structural quality, general safety, or conformance to specifications and codes.
- Examine lifting or conveying devices, such as elevators, escalators, moving sidewalks, hoists, inclined railways, ski lifts, or amusement rides to ensure safety and proper functioning.
||Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Install, connect, or test underground or aboveground grounding systems.
||Wind Turbine Service Technicians
- Test structures, controls, or mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical systems, according to test plans or in coordination with engineers.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
||Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
- Test and repair or replace electrical equipment, such as circuit breakers, station batteries, cable trays, conduits, or control devices.
||Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers
- Inspect and test power lines and auxiliary equipment to locate and identify problems, using reading and testing instruments.
||Solar Photovoltaic Installers
- Test operating voltages to ensure operation within acceptable limits for power conditioning equipment, such as inverters and controllers.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Inspect and test electrical systems and equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections, testing devices, and computer software.
||Weatherization Installers and Technicians
- Test and diagnose air flow systems, using furnace efficiency analysis equipment.
||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Test operation or functionality of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and control systems.
- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Test electrical systems to determine voltages, using voltage meters.
||Power Plant Operators
- Examine and test electrical power distribution machinery and equipment, using testing devices.
||Coil Winders, Tapers, and Finishers
- Examine and test wired electrical components such as motors, armatures, and stators, using measuring devices, and record test results.
||Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles
- Inspect and test electrical or electronic systems to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections and testing instruments, such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters.